Honeymoon blog

This is our year long honeymoon. To see pics of the wedding click here. http://www.bumblingalong.com/wedding/wedding.htm the fire dancing video is on Q's site at the end.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A hop, skip and a big jump

We are in Bangkok... and it is dreamy and I love it. Jeremy and I got to Jinghong the border town to Laos eager and excited about getting back on our little friends...the bicycles... only to awake at 6.30 the next morning to terrential rain. We checked the weather forecast..which said for the next 10 days the heavens would open..rain...rain..rain. We had two choices- 1) Put on our rain coats and cycle through the land slides or 2) fly to Bangkok. I am very happy about our decision. Hello fresh orange juice and pineapple..goodbye disgusting oily msg rice breakfasts. I have learnt alot about myself on this trip... I am no longer the hardcore 18 year old traveller I once was. I no longer get a kick out of sleeping in smelly damp mud huts. I am no longer on a soul searching quest. I like clean sheets...fresh shakes....pass me a strawberry daquiri and i am at peace. Gosh I would slap myself around the head in disgust if I was 18 years old and could here myself now.
I have just left Jeremy in a cafe with his cafe latte and empty book. He has decided to become the author of an amazing novel... But alas it is a secret which he will not reveal. It is driving me crazy. I have the sneaky suspicion it is about the complexities of women...i have been watching his inquisitive expressionslately and am sure he is taking mental notes. But then again..maybe i am wrong...Jeremy never ceases to surprise me.
We are going to be in Bangkok for about a week and Jeremy has suggested i get my eyes lasered here.... i think he craves the release of leading the blind across the world on a bicycle. It is exciting.... but it will be sad to leave my world that looks like a Monet painting...sometimes when i have my glasses on I find it exhausting to see so much information... when you are blind it is great because you choose only what you want to see.
Speaking of seeing... I am sad that we had to hop over Laos and Cambodia after hearing so much amazing stuff about them... but alas we have plans to pedal back up... after spending a bit of time on the beach.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Carrie,
Bangkok is one of my favourite cities! Enjoy the amazing Thai food and you should go to a lovely Thai silk shop called "Jim Thompson". Am loving it!

10/12/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home