Honeymoon blog

This is our year long honeymoon. To see pics of the wedding click here. http://www.bumblingalong.com/wedding/wedding.htm the fire dancing video is on Q's site at the end.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mr. Bu - the Chinese ghost

Jeremy and I are convinced that we have a Chinese ghost following us around. It seems that he is a bit of a trickster and is entertaining himself with playing lots of pranks on us. We have taken the pleasure of naming him 'Mr. Bu.' Our first experience of Mr.Bu was our second night on the road. Jeremy and I had experienced an exhausting day pedalling through the mud and rain and decided to shelter for the night in what seemed like a disused warehouse because we could not find a hotel. As we clambered over giant black tyres, we cringed at every sound that our tiptoes made - knowing that if we were to get caught tresspassing there could be very serious consequences in this communist country. After showering under a drainpipe and feeling safe with my longjons on - i sat inside our tent whilst Jeremy kept guard and prayed that no-one would find us and push us back out into the pouring rain. As I scrambled for our warm beers - the sacred ritual which we pedal towards all day- to my horror a bright flashing light pieced through the tent - a gang of policemen on the attack? I suddenley heard Jeremy run back and shout " What are you doing?" Confused and frightened I poked my head out of the tent waiting to be arrested only to see that my bicycles head light was manicly flashing on and off..on and off...on and off. I didn't even know that it had that function. After Jeremy had turned the light off and massively relieved - we went to sleep - if only for a few minutes at a time with us both waking up at the sound of every crack.
Our second experience of Mr. Bu was on another camping night. Jeremy and I had decided to pitch our tent in the middle of some farm land - hidden up on the side of some very long road. Wading through the long grasses with our bags - I cringed at the thought of how many snakes lived in this warm lush habitat. After a long exhausting day Jeremy and I drank our warm beers and fell sound asleep. In the middle of the night, I was awoken by a piercing bright light again shining in my face. Once my eyes had had time to adjust I realised it was my husband peering over me wearing his head torch. Before I had had a chance to open my mouth and ask him what he was doing- he had gestured with his hand for me to to be quiet whilst hushing me up. God - what now? - I thought. Then to my horror I realised that my inflatable mattress had something moving underneath it - but not only moving- it was pushing me and the entire bed up with it. It was as if Chinese aliens were coming to grab us from out of the earth- Giant snakes perhaps?. Jeremy pulled me off the bed and out of the safety of my pink silk camper sheet and screamed at me to get out of the tent. In tears I clambered out - not knowing what was going to await me outside and not been able to see because my eyes had still not had time to adjust. Minutes later I looked inside the tent to see Jeremy inspecting my air mattress. We thought that perhaps the creature was living inside it - perhaps it was Mr. Bu? Perhaps it was a giant air bubble? Whatever it may have been - we have since discarded the mattress and bought me a new one without any air.
Our third expreince of Mr. Bu was only two days ago when Jeremy and I had returned from our relaxing hot spa to the hotel room. As usual Jeremy would get down to his bike maintenance session whilst i lay on the bed reading my book ( about another couple who are cycling around the world) the women annoyingly seems to complain far less about everything than I do! I enjoy reminding Jeremy how well I am doing at everything as this couple only ride 50 km a day and I have only just started and we are riding 80km!! In the midst of my prattle which I knew Jeremy was not really listening to he suddenley looked really confised and said 'Thats really odd" ... " someone has completely rewired the bike and has wrapped my brake cable around the speedometer" " Crikey" I replied pretending that I understood what he was talking about... but then Jeremy said " If I had not seen this I could have had a really serious accident"... Someone had totally dislodged Jeremy's brakes... SPOOOKY!!! MR.. BU was it you - can you tackle the marine sniper and win over his beautiful bride?? Mr. Bu when will you strike again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home