Oscar the friendly fish
Ok- I know it is not the best of photos but I have to tell you about this most extroadinary fish. Jeremy and I were visiting Jim Thopson's house in Bangkok ( famous trader that first brought Thai silk to the West) We were being escorted around Thompson's beautiful house by a really sweet Thai girl guide- who for some reason- to both our astonishment - kept on asking us if we wanted to pee in one of Jim Thompsen's pots. The house was stunning but the best bit about it for me was when we came across a barrel filled with water with a giant gold fish that looked like it was dead floating on its back. The Thai girl said " Oh, let me introduce you to Oscar- he is our pet fish and he loves to be stroked" I have never seen anything like it, the girl put her hand in the barrel and massaged the fish as it wriggled with glee into her hand petruding its belly, urging her to stroke some more. So there we were, as if it was the most normal thing in the world- Jeremy and I playing tickle tum with Oscar the very affectionate friendly fish- love it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home