Honeymoon blog

This is our year long honeymoon. To see pics of the wedding click here. http://www.bumblingalong.com/wedding/wedding.htm the fire dancing video is on Q's site at the end.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Singapore and no hair

I am so in love with the feeling of my soft scalp- I cannot stop rubbing it. - who needs a husband? Jeremy can't understand why my hair is such a big deal to me. Maybe I am vain? But a women is definitely more attached to her hair than a man. I feel like I have snipped off a piece of my femininity. But in a weird way- it is quite liberating. Days are now spent rubbing tea tree oil into my scalp in a desperate attempt to unblock any hair follicles and encourage it to grow. Mornings are always a surprise - what direction will it be sticking out today? Will I look like a middle aged women? a boy? or a turnip? But honestly guys, other than the amazing feeling of rubbing my head, the best thingis- now I can buy wigs! Soooo much fun. I have already bought one and paraded myself around the streets with Jeremy cringing by my side saying" you can still see your blonde bits sticking out the sides" Oh so what- I have always wanted to be Cleopatra- and now I am..with my dark fringed wig- brilliant!

I have really really enjoyed this last month. Singapore has been more fun this time and has seemed much less sterile than when I last visited. Maybe because before I was like that pathetic love sick child, pining for my man to be out here with me. Everything is so amazingly clean!! I make sure every part of my body apreciates the power shower every morning. Days are spent drinking frothy cappucinos, bouncing up and down on the trampoline, shopping with my beautiful big sister, playing fairies with the kids, and get this- acting as Chief Marketing executive for an internet company called Kindernet.

Oh yes- life seems to get less and less predicatable for Carrie and Jeremy. Are we cycling up a mountain in Iran? NO. Are we sweating our asses off through Malaysia? NO. Is Carrie the main cause of the short bicycle trip? YES.

I guess I never thought about the fact that when you cycle all day, every day- down a motorway- there is no-one to talk to- and when you finally get off the bikes at night - you are too tired to talk - maybe itcactually is not as fun as what I had once envisaged. One thing I have learnt is that I am a girl and I like to natter. The pretty winding green roads, are actually dangerous motorways. The clean fresh air is actually fumed by Chinese coal trucks. Don't get me wrong- though challenging, I loved my time on the bicycle. But - I think a year on a padded seat is abit mean for my bottom. So I am sorry to say the bicycles have now been sent back to America to be ridden when we return and the trip continues with another story and one which in many ways has become far more interesting.

So getting back to Chief Marketing executive. Synchronicity has definitely been working its magic and as Jeremy and I landed in Singapore to stay with my sister and her family - our trip started showing signs of something big- and potentially very exciting. Literally days after we arrived Mark- my sister's husband decided to take the gigantic plunge of leaving his job to do what he has dreamed of for years- set up his own internet business for children. The whole thing seemed perfectly timed because Jeremy, meanwhile had started to twiddle his thumbs . I cant imgaine why? possibly after the failed attempt of trying to cycle across the world with his talkative wife? possibly after too much vacationing and not enough gritty stuff? So when he was asked if he would be interested in going into partnership with Mark - he jumped at the chance. BINGO. Suddenley a brilliant team unfolds, characteristics perfectly balanced. Two brother inlaws together in an amazingly exciting new venture. Before long- we suddenley find ourselves in Marks and Spencers buying suits on sale- and I find myself trying on red lipsticks as now I am a business mans wife!

As you can imagine I chose my own title of " Chief Marketing executive" and have been taking the role extremely seriously - with only the occasional trampoline bouncing break. I am of course doing what I do best- and am organising the kindernet launch party which shall be held at the end of the month. Unfortunately though I am not going to be able to attend as I shall be far away in some little town in India- standing on my head under a tree.

It is going to be a weird time been seperated from my husband for two months- and some may think it is rather an odd thing for a couple to do on their honeymoon. But we are big believers in fufilling our dreams and also have experienced the excitement after not seeing each other for ages. Fear not though folks -Jeremy is still planning on rescuing his bride at the end of my yoga course - when ( hopefully I will have had so many weird health concoctions- that he wont even recognise me) because I will be that super babe ...skinny little waif- standing in the corner> Gosh - do you think I am doing this course for the wrong reasons? of course I am also deeply spiritual! After the course. ( and according to how the business is going) if Jeremy is able to sneak away for a month we are still planning on doing our month trek up in the himilayas.
But who knows what will happen- in this unpredictable world of Carrie and Jeremy. Will Jeremy be flying to Japan for business meetings?? Will Carrie join a spiritual cult that only stands on one leg?

Time will tell and only the blog will reveal all....

1 Comments:

Blogger tuktotheroad said...

carrie you look boooooooootiful, as they say in Norfolk.

Just off to do Vipassana in Herefrodshire for 10 days...hardcore...will email when i am back. Good luck woith the launch xxx Ants

2/02/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home