Honeymoon blog

This is our year long honeymoon. To see pics of the wedding click here. http://www.bumblingalong.com/wedding/wedding.htm the fire dancing video is on Q's site at the end.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!!

Jeremy and I decided to snaz it up abit for christmas after been eaten alive by a million mozzies, or bed bugs or god knows what had been munching on our poor spotty bodies....and so we treated ourselves by booking into a hotel ....with clean sheets...yipppeeee!!! a tv....and toilet with an actual seat.... heaven!!! No more hovering over toilets....this one was clean enough to actually sit on..bliss. So we got into our room and immediately turned on the tv...to watch a movie...something we had been dreaming about for so long. I guess its just a travelling thing... sometimes you really do just want to stop...slob...and watch some rubbish.... But then after a few days of snazziness...which actually wasnt that snazzy at all.... the staff were unfriendly...the aircon in the room made me get a chill.... and the shower was a dribble...we were happy to return to our simple little huts...run by friendly families and friendly faces. The last few days have been so much fun and serious amounts of naughtiness. Jeremy and I made friends with loads of really fun people who were staying at the huts... Funnily enough some of them were on holiday from Japan and were working on the same JET programme that Jeremy and I had met on..... so immediately we had some new best friends to get merry with..I had some gorgeous girls to chat with....give poor Jeremys ears a break....oh it was so fun!! Christmas didnt really feel very christmassy...as we swam in the ocean gazing out at the palm trees decorated in tinsle and fairy lights. We did our best at trying to muster up a kinda Christmas lunch. We had Tiger Prawns....veg and curried potatoes....mmmnn...lots of beer and red wine.... and chocolate with no guilt attached.. lovely.
The evening was filled with more drinking...fire dancing...burnt a few more dred locks off...whoops..and lots of story telling. We made friends with a circus family and my latest ambition is to learn how to do back flips of horses...so inspriring...what on earth have I been doing with my life.
So today is boxing day and Jeremy and I are wobbling around liked dazed and confused sloths. I am so excited because we are meeting up with my family tonight... so I am sure all the fun will start again.....but until then ... big love to everyone.. and merry merry christmas.... see you in the New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger tuktotheroad said...

Hello guys...just tuned in to your blog to see what you are up to. Happy New Year and Christmas and hope that its a lucky 07 for you. So sorry to have been so rubbish about getting in touch Carrie, but I sm thinking of you on your wonderful adventure and sending you masses of love. Glad you liked Lao, its beautiful...partic Luang Prabang. Will send you a proper email soon, Until then huge hugs and kisses xxxxx Ants

1/08/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home