I passed my yoga exams!!!
OK- huge deep breath.
Where do I start? How strange to be able to have more than three minutes- to sit at the computer? To talk? To listen to my own thoughts- instead of the steady trance like voice of my yoga teacher - " Inhale" " Exhale" Breath". " Inhale" " Exhale" Breath".
So it is all over. An unbelievable month. There were tears, hysterical giggles, frustration- boredom- ecstatic excitement..fulfillment.
I have left the ashram feeling stronger, healthier and much happier. Only a few days out and now it is kind of hard to believe that I was ever there.
What an unbelievably magical experience. I dont know whether I can describe our meditations at sunrise looking over the Neyyar Damn- or even attempt to give them justice.
Swami Vishnu Devananda's motto was " an ounce of practice is worth tons of theory" and it is so true. From practicing every day- I have now mastered how to stand on my head for long periods of time, balance on my arms pretending to be a crow...and even on my elbows trying to resemble a peacock. Strange aspirations- some may think. But I feel incredibly proud.
I am now a certified yoga teacher. I cant believe it. 240 hours of yoga asanas, pranayama breathing techniques, philosophy lessons, 5am chanting sessions, 3 hours of written exams and then there it was - at graduation night- the certificate in my hand. Carrie SIROMONI- yeehaaaa! It is the first time I actually feel like I have moved up the ladder - one step closer towards my dream of having a holistic retreat.
I am currently in delhi- and have just dyed my hair black- dark hair definitely makes you feel more clever. I look so like my mum it is weird. I have just bought some glitsy bits to jazz it up a bit - going for the Cleopatra esque kinda look. It is fun.
Tonight I am going to Rishikesh where I will be practising some more yoga for another 10 days and I have decided to train up for my reiki one and two. Oh I am just loving learning stuff at the mo. India has got so much to offer- it is just amazing. Then I am going to meet my husband in Katmadhu - god it feels like forever since I hugged the hairy bear. I cant wait. It will have been 7 weeks that I last saw his chin with the big dent. What a funny honeymoon.
All is good though. It really has been a productive time for us both. Whilst I have been concentrating on breathing properly... Jeremy has been applying for a load of universities in America to do his MBA. His first choice is Berkely in Northern California- then Boulder in Colorado and then Tuscon in Arizona. So all are really good options. We figured that it would be wise for Jeremy to get a proper job- whilst I do the holistic retreat. Then when he has that stressy business man thing going on..all he has to do is come and chill down in my havern of mellow vibes. If he feels he needs to escape the world even further for total escapism he can always learn abit of belly dancing or do some yoga - whatever he desires! We find out in May which uni he has been accepted into - and where we are going to be living. ( That is if I am ever allowed into the states again) I am so looking forward to seeing Jeremy's world. It is going to be madness/ Cant wait to meet all the family and friends.
One of our first plans when we arrive in the states is to buy a yellow campervan ( fingers crossed- I so want one) and we have already met some people who want to sell us their van that is just sitting all alone in Flagstaff California. I really think it is meant to be. I cant stop thinking about " George" - the yellow van with the smiley face that has been all alone for two years whilst his mum and dad live in Mongolia. George is only $400- due to the fact that he is a little rusty and doesnt go very fast. Jeremy is not as excited as me about George- aparently George is quite an old boy- but I am convinced we can spruce him up. Jeremy seems more excited about the prospect of getting a dog. Had you noticed his new affections fo Toby?? my sisters cocker spaniel?? I think we will get a brown lab though. Oh my gosh - I get goose bumps just thinking about it. CANNOT WAIT!! It is so difficult to not think about the future ...despite all my efforts at meditation - i find it practically impossible to live in the now.
As Jeremy is going to be at uni- I have been trying to think of ways of how to support us for the next two years. .as we are realistically going to have to wait until he has finished his studies until we can get our land for the retreat. SOOO - I was thinking of becoming LUCIFIRE the fire dancing queen who wears a red wig and does shows for people at their private parties etc. I dont think fire dancing is that big in America- so could be quite a novelty. I was also thinking of teaching yoga to kids. I am quite looking forward to being the bread and butter of the house for a while. It is quite an empowering thought.
It really has been an amazing, amazing year. I feel so lucky to have had so much time to properly think about what we want to do with our lives. We really have covered so many different options. At one point Jeremy was going to make his living by making pueblo indian adobe houses.... at another stage...he was going to concoct the perfect Salsa mix- and make millions of pounds by selling it world wide. He really wanted to call it " Jeremy's salsa". mmnn??
I feel happy about our current plans. So in 10 days time I meet my man in a restaurant in the Katmandhu guest house at 6pm. We are then going to spend a month trekking through the himilayas and then we will start thinking about heading to the USA....maybe first to New York to see Elliot??? YIPPEEE
I am going to be back in England mid July for weddings.... and to spend some quality time with my family.
I want to send out loads of love to you alll... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
P.S As I write this I have a cow asleep at my feet.

2 Comments:
Carrie you wonderul mad lady. A cow at your feet, black hair (picture please!), a yoga teacher...I wish I was with you and we could sit and drink chai and do yoga at sunrise. How wonderful that you actually did that retreatm, it sounds on a par with Vipassana.
Can't bloody wait to see you in july XXX
New York, baby!!
I'm waiting....
Elly ;D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home