Honeymoon blog

This is our year long honeymoon. To see pics of the wedding click here. http://www.bumblingalong.com/wedding/wedding.htm the fire dancing video is on Q's site at the end.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Back on my lonesome....boooooooo

So I guess the honeymoon officially ended on Tuesday....

What a horrible reality check...waking up in our gorgeous Tibetan apartment that we thought we'ld treat ourselves to for our last five days...and rolling over with a stinking hangover...and then suddenley my gorgeous man was gone....with me in a blubbery pathetic mess at the airport. Ouch.

Yes - why am I not going with him back to the US? ask those horrible American visa people. Oh bum.

As I am not allowed into the USA until next April/May, Jeremy and I have decided to spend the next 10 months or so, in England and hopefully, fingers crossed, I am going to squeeze myself onto a PGCE course and become a primary school teacher...although my application is seriously last minute.

I have always considered doing my PGCE, but have always avoided it in the fear that it would deter me from doing my holistic retreat. However when realistically looking at the finances- it seems much more feasable that we will get a bank loan - if the two of us have proper jobs. The prospect of having my own little primary school class actually seems quite appealing - and rock on those long summer holidays1!!!

Why then is Jeremy going back to America you ask yourself? Well Carrie and Jeremy thought it was time, after spending an entire year talking about where we were going to live - to actually buy a house. So exciting! The time has come, after five years of living out of a bag....to have our very own bedroom- YIPPPEEE. ...and a dog - HOORAY!

But why buy one now - if your not allowed in America for the next year? - Well we thought it would be an investment...and as he'll be considered a resident- Jeremy gets seriously reduced uni fees. What has happened? Have we turned completely grown up? Me thinks we have, well kind of. The plan is to make loads of money and then in ten years time we are going to sail around the world on boat!! YEHAAAA - Anyone want to come and join us? Jeremy also wants to ride across Mongolia on a horse- bring it on baby!

We meet up in London July 24th, after 7 weeks apart- hopefully with me, a much trimmer, more yogified queen and he, with a quenched thirst of American football, the Vikings, time with his cat Sparky and most importantly- his favourite spicy salsa.

So for now...I am kind of twiddling my thumbs a bit- getting used to being on my own again. Thank goodness for my ipod and my incense. They make me feel safe. I am pretending to be that mysterious women that sits in the corner on her own. I have always wanted to be enigmatic...so here goes.

Today- I am off down to India - slightly in fear that i may melt... but keep thinking of those toxins ...... oozing out... all those naughty beers consumed in the last two months, not to mention the lethal Kathmandu cocktails. Jeremy and I are definitely naughty together. We seem to be quite a bad influence on each other- although we have so much fun. Am I ever going to become that pure yogi - I try so hard to be? Life can be so confusing sometimes.

I am going back down to Rishikesh in India to meet the Swami that said I was a fairy in my past life. Maybe he can help me with my confusions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am absolutly up for horse back riding in Mongolia. Sailing makes me sick though. ;) I was actually just talking with someone about teaching jobs in Mongolia that pay almost as much as South Korea.

Well I guess that trek really did help you sort things out.

I'm back hard at work in the Health Food store. Unfortuneatly no archaeology jobs are up in TN right now - where the real money is.

I'm actually thinking of applying through United to become a flight attendent. Fun, Fun, and great dough. And finally, an international job that doesn't require teaching, although probably just as much babysitting.

6/09/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are going to get your teachers degree. That is awesome.......Will that carry over here in the States then so you cant teach here?
I bet you are sure missing Jeremy. I havent got to see him yet but i do believe the two Jeremy's were together last nite. OH is that a good thing? lol
Take care of yourself while your man is here, i am waiting patiently, or perhaps impatiently till next year to finally meet you in person. love, Deb

6/10/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home