Honeymoon blog

This is our year long honeymoon. To see pics of the wedding click here. http://www.bumblingalong.com/wedding/wedding.htm the fire dancing video is on Q's site at the end.

Friday, October 06, 2006

On our way to Laos...

China has been a fascinating 5 weeks....but i am looking forward to heading down to the jungle in Laos. There is an eagerness about this country which I find slightly unattractive. The people are fully aware of the wealth they may receive if they play their cards right- but there is an ugly greediness about them - it all seems to be happening too fast for them to have any sence of grace. On a more positive note Yunnan province in Southern China has been wonderful. It is one of the poorest provinces in China and (ironically) one of the cleanest most comfortable and cheapest places we have stayed. There is a sence of magic here - with dragon flies buzzing around the flowers, old Bai women selling turtles, fish, frogs, huge moutains surrounding the lakes. It is the first place I have actually felt like I am on a honeymoon with Jeremy and we have indulged in taking romantic boat trips, going to the hot springs and eating loads of yummy dinners. I feel slightly nervous about getting back on the bikes again and having to wear down my muscles down for a second time. God it hurts- and it is so embarressing having to hobble around with stiff legs- especially when going down steps.
Tonight is the party at Dragon fly guest house which everyone has been getting excited about the last ten days- we have bands from all over Dali coming to play- they have a free punch and apparently at the last party loads of the old Bai ladies got drunk and started dancing on the tables - I really can't wait to see it! Tomorrow I am cooking a cosy afternoon lunch for everyone to indulge in in their hang over states.... I am really missing having my own kitchen and cooking with my little Gigi. Jeremy and I have decided to make Mexican Fahitas....a real treat and escape from all the MSG that they seem to put into everything in this country. I have been really confused as to why every morning I wake up starving and craving groace Chinese food untill I learnt about the addictive effects of MSG that they seem to put in everything here.We are off on Sunday to catch a bus down to Laos and then cycle for another week across the border. If anyone has been to Laos- recommendations would be really apreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home